Saturday, February 1, 2014

Faithful in the Little Things

So, as of a few weeks ago I have begun the job of a bank teller. It's great to have a job, something to keep me busy, and after having worked for nothing for the past two years, getting an income again is a pretty cool thing too.

I spent Thursday and Friday in my branch shadowing, and getting a better idea about the job, before I officially finish the first part of my training this week. It was a great experience, but a little freaky watching the crazy large amount of money coming in and out all day. As I get nearer to being in charge of all that responsibility myself (and was getting a bit nervous about it) God gave me this little passage, and slightly humorous encouragement yesterday from Luke 16: 10-12.

"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: 
and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. 
If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, 
who will commit to your trust the true riches?
And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, 
who shall give you that which is your own?"

I sure miss the days of having an "important" job, dealing with kids, and "doing ministry". Compared to that, standing behind a teller window all day does seem a bit unimportant, but in the end it's really all just "unrighteous mammon", and if I can be faithful in the little job of taking good care of that which is another man's then I can be trusted with much, much more. :)

1 comment:

  1. There really are no insignificant jobs--every interaction with another person is a chance to show the love of Christ! I'm sure you'll be an awesome teller; you have enough love and energy for all the people who will come to your window! That being said, I still miss having you around here! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete